Engr. Phillip Balami Yaro graduated from Ahmadu Bello University (A.B.U) in 1989, after obtaining a degree in Electrical with a second Class Honours, Upper Division and served briefly as Pupil Engineer with Even-Ezra Nigeria Limited before joining Cakasa in 1990 as Service Engineer.
He has also held the following positions up to December 2008 before being promoted as the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of Cakasa (Nigeria) Company Limited in 2009.
- Area supervisor – Port Harcourt Area Office 1994-1996
- Area Manager Kaduna – 1996 – March 2002
- Executive Director, Operations April 2002 – December 2003
- Deputy Managing Director 2004 -2008
- Managing Director/CEO 2009-Date.
He is widely travelled and is a member of various professional bodies among which are the Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) and the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN).